Monday, October 02, 2006

Financial Support

Today I paid $100 for DHL to carry my signature to Russia, buried among a pile of documents provided for my I-186 form, an affidavit of financial support. Now all I can do is wait. The rest is up to my wife and the US Embassy in Moscow.

I'm back to hating this process. Knowing what to fill out, and how -- it can change as quickly as an internet search. And then when you fill out the DHL shipping form, you forget a single zero in the Russian postal code, forgetting it has six digits not five like in America, and so you have to scramble an hour later and see if they can somehow make up for the mistake.

I'm done. I'm feverish. I'm going to lie down. Wake me up when October ends.

1 Comment:

Consul-At-Arms said...

Sounds like you're in the home stretch.

Good luck!